Skip to main content

Assignment #2

Part 1: One thing that struck me in the video by Ira Glass was all the art and props used in the video. The visuals were extremely creative. I thought that it was interesting because it's true that not everybody is going to like your artwork and there are going to be challenges. But since art and designs can expand, you should never just give up because there are so many different ways to portray your idea. Something that struck me with the TED talk with Milton Glaser was that he mentioned that adding certain word or creation can persuade people. Having a creation that creates a feeling, or creates a sense of reliability, or is provoking has significant difference than the other art around. Making a good design could help make people think differently because of the visuals you impose which could.


Part 2:
⇦This is the Soundcloud logo. Soundcloud is "an online audio distribution platform and music sharing website that enables its users to upload, promote, and share audio." The owner is Soundcloud HQ. I used this because the design clearly shows a cloud and the lines are the beats or volume of the music being played. I like it because its simple and self explanatory, hence the 'sound' is on the side with the lines, and the other half of the cloud is on the side with 'cloud'.


⇦Gmail is owned by Google. Gmail is a "free email service where users can access gmail on the web." I chose this specific logo because in the 'M' it forms a envelope which is used for sending mail. I thought this was creative yet simple enough to show professionalism as well as being a little playful.

Comments

  1. Thank you for posting this. Never give up - always my motto...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Altered Page

Assignment #7 - Altering, rearranging, changing, or redesigning a common image. The first image I started to work on was the brick wall. I was still learning how to use the editing app, and I wasn't sure how to put my idea onto the image. It was supposed to convey a chill or sad vibe where he feels numb. The image on the bottom is two eggs that were thrown at a window. I like this one because it's fun, clean, and simple. The image to the left is supposed to be tea spilling, but may also look like coffee. I thought the background went well with the scene. It was supposed to give off the feeling of those times where you can sit and have the perfect cup of tea with a cookie.

Graphic Design Shirt

Alphabet

Assignment #5: Create an alphabet using any number of mediums